Stampin' UP! - http://kc77.stampinup.net

I am a Stampin' UP! Demonstrator. If you are looking for Stampin' UP! products, please consider ordering from me.

To order online please go to my Stampin' UP! Website.

If your in the Kingman/Golden Valley AZ area and would like a demonstration, please contact me at kc77stamps@yahoo.com. If you prefer not to order online you can send me your order via my email or call my number listed on my website, althought email works best. You can then send a check or pay via paypal, once I have received payment I will order.

Thank You,
Karen

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stamp Library

So I am not sure how many stamps I have but I know that I have no idea "for sure" what I do have.

I decided to do a library so I could more easily see what I have instead of going through drawers.

I have been stamping each of my stamps on an index card and when I am done I will organize them by theme and or brand (Stampin up will have their own category). This way when I need something like an butterfly, I can look in my insect section and the card catalog will actually tell me what drawer that stamp is in. Its taking some time to do this but I think in the long run it will save me 3x as much.

I am currently working on my clear stamps. I am using an idea I got from SCS, unfortunately I don't recall who or where, but you take a inexpensive acrylic picture frame that looks like a "L", you stamp your image on a sheet of paper and insert it as if it was the picture then take your clear and cling back stamps and put them on top of the image. They sit nestled on your desk so you can get to them easily.

I now have over 400 index cards and some of them have multiple images. I can't believe this.

Hence the reason I haven't been making many cards. I have 4 planed and I am dying to start, but until my library is done.. NOPE gonna wait.

So hopefully this wasn't too boring without a pretty card attached, next blog for sure.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day.

7 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

WOW...that does sound like lots of work, but I am so into being orginized....it will be fabulous when you are done.....hurry so we can see some of your great creations! *~* BG#3

Angie Williams said...

Wow! You will be busy organizing!! That is an awesome idea for the clear stamps though!

Jaspere said...

I shutter to think how much I have. I started out categorizing that way and somewhere down the road something happened and its a complete mess. Glad to see that you are getting organized.

SilentRN said...

I only have one question, when will you be here to make my catalog?????????

Frenchy said...

Wow - that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Sherri said...

great idea. yes, I want to see cards.

Carmen said...

I've been doing the same thing ... it does make it easier to find sets :) Good luck on your project!